The scientific committee is accepting three-page (extended) abstracts for consideration for presentation at the conference. Accepted authors will be able to present their work either through a 20 minute podium presentation or through a poster presentation and an associated 1 minute lightning talk. The abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee and decisions on acceptance will be conveyed to the authors in April. The selected abstracts will be made publicly available via a Figshare Collection before the start of the conference. Some primary (but not exhaustive) topics for the conference are:
Cycling safety, to improve:
- Transportation cycling
- City cycling
- Recreational cycling
- Child cycling
- E-bike cycling
- Connected and smart bikes
Psychology & Injuries & Crashes
Cyclist distraction and inattention
- Cyclist safety-related behaviors and attitudes
- Naturalistic cycling
- Safety in numbers
- Cyclist injuries and injury mechanisms
- Measuring cycling safety data
- Urban settings
- Cycling infrastructure design
- Urban cycling planning
- Infrastructure implementation challenges
- Infrastructure optimized for bikes
- Smart infrastructure
- Green waves for cyclists
Behavior & policy
- Cycling education
- Bicycle helmets
- Bicycle design for safety
- Bicycle engineering including intelligent technology
- Active and passive safety systems on bicycles, cars, and trucks
Authors must submit their abstracts as a PDF through this website by
March 1st, 2017 March 15th, 2017 to be considered for either presentation type. Authors must follow the instructions provided in one of the following abstract templates when creating their abstract:
To submit an abstract authors must first create an account. Then complete the following steps:
- Download one of the two templates above and create your abstract according to the instructions and formats contained in the template, the final step being to save your abstract in PDF format.
- Return to this page and login below. Then click “+ New Abstract” button in order to upload the abstract and its associated administrative information.
- Provide the information required on all authors (add or delete authors with the red/blue buttons), the presenter, abstract title, and assign your abstract to a particular topic.
- Indicate your presentation preference (poster or podium).
- Upload your abstract file by specifying the file name in the “FILE DESIGNATION” box.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by checking the box and then pressing submit.
You may add more than one abstract per user account and you will be able to edit and delete the abstracts until the submission deadline.
Abstract Submission Panel
Please login or create an account to upload, edit, or delete an abstract.
Need an account? Create an Account